Guatemala City to Lanquin
We recommend using Monja Blanca Buses. There’s one going to Cobán every half hour. These are no chicken buses but they are public transportation so take care of your stuff. They have different kinds of buses we recommend taking the “SPECIAL”. The buses will drop you off in Cobán. From there you have to take a public shuttle to Lanquín. Check Monja Blanca web site for more information: http://www.tmb.com.gt/home.htm
Phone: (502) 2338 1409 or (502) 2253 4869
ETA (Depending on traffic and weather):
Guatemala to Cobán: 4 to 5 hours.
Cobán to Lanquín: 2 to 3 hours
- Cost (One Way):
- Monja Blanca “Special”: Guatemala City to Cobán: Q 70
- Monja Blanca standard: Guatemala City to Cobán: Q 65 (makes many stops)
- Public Shuttle: Cobán to Lanquín: Q 30
Once in Coban town look for local transport to Lanquin or take a taxi to Transportes Martinez buses. This company operate coasters and small buses that go to Lanquin every half hour. Once in Lanquín ask the local for direction to Zephyr Lodge or find our free transport to the hostal located in the entrance of town.
Antigua & Flores to Lanquin
- We recommend using Aventuras Turisticas. Their shuttles will take you directly from your location to the Zephyr. They have shuttles from Antigua and Flores. There other companies that you can use depending of your location, but its better that you ask you hostel representative for more information. You can check Aventura’s Turisticas site on this link: http://www.aventurasturisticas.com/
Phone: (502) 7951 2008 or (502) 4034 9291
- ETA (Depending on traffic and weather)
- Guatemala to Lanquín: 5 hours.
- Antigua to Lanquín: 6 hours
- Flores to Lanquín: 9 hours
Finding Zephyr Lodge
Once you are in Lanquin Town (San Agustin Lanquin) you will arrive at the main junction of the town of Lanquin, Turn left and after about 50 meters on your lefthand side you will find a small Coca Cola stand with a school opposite and a big sign saying Zephyr Lodge.
This alleyway will lead you to Zephyr Lodge (3 minute walk).You can always just ask the local people rather then just trusting on bus drivers’ information, who usually drop off people at established hotels for commissions and most likely will try and tell you we are full.You can write down our telephone numbers beforehand, and ring us on your arrival for a complimentary ride from any location in town. If you get lost give us a call for directions. Phone: (502) 5168 2441